Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Famine in the wheat fields

*photo taken in Pico de Loro Beach & Country Club, Nasugbu, Batangas, Philippines

"It’s quite a wonder how an absence of a single thing can change your world entirely. Here I am lying down and dreaming of becoming a great artist extraordinaire in the glamorous world of fashion, yet feeling so empty inside and heavily intoxicated with radiation.

Mademoiselle Inspiracion, where for art thou?

            I’m not the artist I used to be without inspiration. I see no point in creating art, no color, no magical feeling of wonder and excitement. Nothing. I dread spending  my leisure time doing nothing but expose myself to radiation (i.e. television, internet and phone). I am an artist. I do not want to just laze around. I explore.

            I’d want to spend my summer doing things I enjoy and at the same time develop myself wholly. I want to be better than what I was yesterday. But either something always seem to be missing or there’s an internal force that kept hindering me. I could not explain actually. I just hope that it’s just a phase that will soon pass. If not, then I might as well have to conquer this plague. Somehow. " ~March 2011

March was a period of decline. So was April. But this time, it's going to be different. All I have planned to do this summer would be scrunched up into one month, not to mention time-killing daily college review classes, afternoon gym sessions, outings and weekend workshops. Some of the things I want to do while summer's not over yet and I'm still not excessively preoccupied with school and prod stuff:

~make costume designs for a book (Heaven, Hell & Mademoiselle by Harold Carlton)
~maintain blogging even though I think nobody's reading my posts and all
~have photoshoots again
~write
~make me some knickers
~learn at least a hundred new words both english and tagalog. Sorry, not chinese. :P
~actually read Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer (very intriguing matter)
~plan at least a little bit of my debut :O
~finish sketch for Giordano typography contest :) yes, I'm taking my chances on this even though I do not "specialize" in shirt designs

In the 7th of June, I shall be able to look back, smile and say, "I did it." and give myself a pat on the back.  Oh yeah, I really want that to happen. Maybe then I would wait for the sunrise to set the mood... slowly and dramatically look out my window with the sun shining on my face.. gaze for awhile and do it like how movie stars would. =)) hahahaha :P oh yes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment